Sunday, November 9, 2008

Quaker Oatmeal Cookies

I have been looking around for different oatmeal raisin cookie recipes.

The first site I stumbled upon had a recipe for oatmeal cookies by ... Quaker of course. I took a look at the recipe and noticed that it uses almost the same ingredients at slightly different proportions. Here's the recipe:

1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)

You can add raisins to the recipe if you like. I would definitely do that. I love raisins so much that I even thought of adding them to my pizza... lol

The recipe uses one extra cup of oat - that should help sales :) I haven't tried it out yet. I hope the cookies won't be hard. I believe that the cookies will be softer than mine as the recipe uses more butter.

Here's a picture of the cookies.


Enjoy!

I'll be making a lot of quaker oatmeal raisin cookies when I move into my new house.

No comments: